The Week of Head Pain

Well… I am so sorry for not writing this week. I have had a terrible week. Monday was ok, but I had a little bit of a headache. On Tuesday, I got a migraine and took my first sick day in my whole work career. I was at work for two hours before I had a mental breakdown and went home.

When I got home, I ran down to my room and started seizing… Ugh. Funny thing is that my dad’s dog just happened to be home and she started doing what Keen was trained to do. It’s pretty cool how other dogs will pick up on other dogs’ training. Attie, my dad’s dog, picked up on Keen’s training and saved me from a week of sore… Everything.

Wednesday, I still had my migraine, but it was manageable. Working a full ten hours lifting and running while you are also trying to work through head pain, takes it out of you. So, I just fell right to sleep when I got home. Thursday was probably the worst day of the week though.

We were unloading some of the drying racks from the day before, and I was feeling pretty good. I had bent down to make sure the ends were square and jumped up to get out of the way. What I didn’t know was that one of the stacks next to the one we were stacking, had a bit of over hang. So, when I jumped up, I smacked my head on the boards above me.

My head was vibrating for about fifteen minutes, and I knew I got a concussion. But I made the stupid decision to keep going. I was planning to work a full ten hours again, but left an hour early because of the pain. It was one of the worst headaches I ever had. 

This one wasn’t concentrated in my left eye, so I knew it was because of my whack to the head. By the time I got home, it felt like my head was about to explode and I could only speak in a whisper without it hurting. So I told my mom what happened and I took some Tylenol and then laid down on the couch with an ice pack over my eyes.

I also took yesterday off from work to recover, and I just slept. All day long. I actually didn’t think I was gonna be able to sleep, but I did. So, you now know of my terrible week. I’ve just got one more week to go until I get Noble, and this little guy in the picture below is officially him! I am scrambling to get all the stuff I need for him, but it seems to all be working out pretty well. I’m excited.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s