Decided To Go

Well… I decided to go on the road trip to see my grandparents. Oh my goodness. I am regretting it. 

On very rare occasions, I am so stressed/anxious that I feel the need to clean. I was so anxious yesterday because I had to confront my boss about getting my paycheck on time, call a lady backto set up a time for my second interview, and make a decision on going on the trip, that I cleaned. A LOT. I mowed our humongous lawn, trimmed our humongous lawn, picked up poop, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned my room, vacuumed the house, and bathed Keen.

It was mainly me not avoiding doing the things I mentioned. I still haven’t called the lady back. I should probably do that, I just hate talking on the phone. Although, I did get my paycheck on time and I made the decision to go on the trip. The ride was miserable and I was so tense at every turn, that I’m sore and exhausted. I also think that another reason why I’m so tired is because my blood sugar is low. My stomach is in knots and have not had much of an appetite.

We arrived last night at around nine o’clock, but I didn’t get to sleep till about ten because I had to set up the tent. My grandparents’ house is really small, so I am sleeping in the tent I got last year. I’m actually not too disappointed by the fact because this is actually the first time I get to use it. I slept like a rock last night and didn’t wake up till 6:30 when Keen wanted fed. I think it was my first full night of sleep in… Six months or so.

Honestly, I woke up a little cranky. I was tired, sore, disappointed that the trip didn’t go the way I wanted it to. Anyways, we ate breakfast and then walked over to Target to get some stuff for our stay. Our big group of nine people and a dog got a lot of looks that early in the morning. It is Saturday and morning, so there weren’t very many people there. Just the way I like it. I got my stuf and checked out, then waited for my parents to finish. 

I was awkwardly standing to the side as everyone there spoke of my dog and how he was in a store. My mom then came up to me and said that there is another guy coming in with a service dog. I looked over over and immediately recognized the big bushy beard, limp, and the sayiwont shirt. I wasn’t absolutely positive until I saw his gorgeous red retriever, Liberty. That was Mat. He was one of the veterans in the group of guys that were good friends with J.

In case you don’t know, J is my second cousin’s husband. During my stay in the hospital, he had heard about me and what I was going through. He came and visited me with his service dog, Grace, and gave me the connections to get a dog of my own. After I was released from the hospital, I stayed with him and his family. That was when he introduced me to his group of veteran friends that were also suffering from CPTSD, and Mat was one of them. I went up and said a quick hello, then parted ways. He looked pretty stressed, so I kept it short.

I will try to keep you all posted, but might not write until I get back home. I’m supposed to be meeting with the lady who owns the service dog program, that trained Keen, tomorrow. I’m also supposed to be going to a big family reunion again… Ya. I don’t think I’ll be going. Anywho, try to keep you posted!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s